Technology can be a great asset for events. It can help to create a more interactive and engaging experience for attendees, and it can also help to streamline event logistics. For example, you may already use an event app to access information about the event schedule, speaker list, and venue map. An event app may also assist you with communication management, networking promotion, and providing attendees with useful information. However, promoting an event app is only as good as the work you put into it. After all, the whole point of having an event app is to make your event easier to navigate for attendees by putting all the information they need right in the palm of their hand.
Why you should promote your event app like SEO
As the app world becomes increasingly competitive, it’s more important than ever to take a strategic approach to promote your event app. And one of the most effective ways to do this is to think of app promotion as an extension of search engine optimization (SEO). Just like with SEO, the goal of app search optimization (ASO) is to improve your visibility in search results and get your app in front of as many potential users as possible. But how can you go about doing this?
One of the best ways to approach app promotion from an SEO perspective is to start by researching keywords as part of your ASO strategy. Identify the keywords that potential users are likely to use when searching for an app like yours, and then make sure that these keywords are included in your app description, title, and other metadata. In addition, you’ll want to create high-quality screenshots and content that will help your app rank well in search results. This could include blog posts, video tutorials, or even infographics. By taking an SEO-focused approach to app promotion, you can ensure that your app is visible to all the right people.
This can be a complex process, but there are a few key things to keep in mind:
- First, choose keywords that are relevant to your app and that have low competition. Use keyword research platforms such as SEMRush, KeySearch, and WriterZen.
- Second, use those keywords throughout your app’s page, including in the title, description, and keyword field.
- Third, create high-quality screenshots and videos that show off your app’s best features. Use software such as Rotato.
- Fourth, encourage positive user reviews and ratings. This can be done by sending out post-event surveys or offering incentives for users who take the time to write a review.
By taking the time to optimize your app listing for relevant keywords, you can help ensure that your app appears in front of potential users when they’re searching for apps like yours. Additionally, a well-optimized app listing can also lead to better conversion rates, as users are more likely to download an app that looks relevant and trustworthy. Ultimately, ASO is an essential step for any event app looking to increase the app’s visibility and user acquisition.
How to promote your event app outside of the app stores
There are many ways to promote your event app outside of the app stores. You can promote it through your website, through social media, or even through traditional marketing channels. The key is to reach as many potential customers as possible and to make sure that they know about your app. You can also use traditional marketing channels to reach potential customers who may not be familiar with event apps. For example, you can include information about your app in print advertisements.
If you are looking to promote your event app in print, here are a few things you can do to ensure your ad stands out.
- First, keep your message simple and clear. Explain what your app does and why people should download it.
- Use strong visuals to grab attention and make sure your contact information is prominent. You should also include a QR code so people can scan and download your app right away.
- Finally, be creative! Think outside the box to come up with an eye-catching ad that will get people talking about your event app.
If you’re looking to promote your app digitally, here are a few ways to promote your event app:
- Create a landing page for your app that includes information about the event and a link to download the app. You can promote the landing page on your event website and social media channels.
- You can also reach out to event bloggers and influencers and offer them a free copy of the app in exchange for a review or mention on their blog or social media channels.
- Create some promotional materials (e.g., flyers, posters, postcards) that include the URL for your landing page and distribute them at relevant events and venues.
- You can create a Facebook page and promote it through your personal networks. You can also use Twitter, LinkedIn, and other social media platforms to market your app.
- Another way to promote your event app is through email marketing. You can create a list of potential users and send them information about your app.
- You can also use online advertising to reach a wider audience. You can create Google AdWords ads or display ads on relevant websites.
How to promote your event app before, during, and after an event
If you’re looking to promote your event app before, during, and after an event, there are a few things you can do to ensure success. Most importantly, make sure you’re creating compelling content that provides value to your audience. While it’s impossible to keep all users engaged indefinitely, it’s important for marketers to understand how to retain users’ attention for longer using the following tips:
Before the event
- Send out pre-event emails to encourage attendees to download the app.
- Include a link to the app on your event website.
- Promote the app on your social media channels.
During the event
- Make announcements about the app throughout the event.
- Encourage attendees to use the app to access the event schedule, speaker bios, maps, and more.
- Include push notifications in the app to remind attendees about session start times and other important information.
- Use signage and announcements to encourage people to download and use the app.
After the event
- Send post-event surveys through the app to collect feedback from attendees.
- Use the app to send follow-up information about future events.
So, how do you promote your event app? Obviously, there are a variety of ways to get the word out there, and which methods work best will vary depending on your target audience. Promoting your event app outside of the app stores can be very effective – for example, advertising in print media or promoting it through digital channels such as social media or email marketing. Of course, optimizing your app’s listing in the App Store or Google Play is also important. By following these tips and using a little creativity, you can help ensure that your attendees have an enjoyable and hassle-free experience with your event app. How do you currently promote your event app? What has been most successful for you? Let us know.