Art Director Wanted: Do Great Work for Organizations that do Good
You are an art director ridiculously blessed with the ability to convert your ideas into concepts that meet the creative brief’s requirements in delightfully unexpected ways. Your ideas are on target but their execution is off the charts. And, you are not afraid to make clients feel challenged by your ideas yet feel understood at the same time.
You’ll do all of this for our mission-based clients—associations, professional societies and other non-profits. You see the potential these types of organizations offer to the right creative mind. You will also be cool with getting your hands dirty—someone has to implement the concepts you come up with across a variety of tactics—might as well be you!
You’ll be an inspiration and driver for not only other visual creatives within the agency, but the entire staff up to and including the head of creative, head of account and the head of the agency.
Not interested in working in the ‘burbs? Don’t rule us out—let’s discuss options that may not include you in our Oakbrook Terrace office full time.
Things We Need to See:
- 3-4 years experience minimum as an art director
- A strategic mindset; not just an executioner
- Portfolio/online samples reflective of skill/expertise
- Great communication skills … no kidding, right?
- An eye for the following: color, typography, illustration, photography, animation, and various print and layout techniques
- Print production experience, both digital and offset
- Skill in digital media design (ad banners, websites, video, etc)
- Proficient in Adobe CC (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop). Microsoft Word and PowerPoint experience is helpful, too.
Things That Would Be Great For You to Have:
- Video/motion graphics production experience (After Effects, Premiere Pro, etc.)
- Solid new business experience
- Contacts for freelance talent you’ve cultivated and worked with
Perks We Provide
- Competitive salary and bonus program
- Medical insurance/Rx
- Work from home options (after first six months of employment)
- Paid sick days
- Paid time off (PTO) policy
- Simple IRA savings plan, company match
- Fun happy hours and team events
- Casual dress
- Dog-friendly office
- Easy access to office from major highways
DJG is an equal-opportunity employer.