A DJG SENIOR ACCOUNT COORDINATOR is responsible for the day-to-day relationship between the agency and its clients. The account coordinator will generally look after client needs through direct contact, liaison, the marshaling of agency resources and the management of project milestones, deadlines, and deliverables. The account coordinator will be the key day-to-day agency representative to the client and will maintain a highly responsive service orientation in all transactions. We’re looking for a proactive self-starter with the ability to work independently as well as with a team, and who is resourceful, can troubleshoot and solve problems.
The account coordinator generally provides assistance to the Account Manager, Account Supervisor or Account Director in the daily management of accounts and develops the skills necessary to advance to the position of Account Executive.
The candidate we hire must demonstrate that they will be proactive about becoming knowledgeable on both the clients’ business and the agency business. This is necessary in order to support the advancement and completion of strategic and marketing decisions formulated by various stakeholders both within DJG and on the client side.
The ideal candidate for this position will hold a Business or Marketing degree and have 2-3 successful years of advertising or marketing agency experience in an account/client service capacity.
Reports to the account manager/supervisor/account director.
May manage/direct Account Coordinator personnel.
- Maintain direct, day-to-day client contact.
- Work with Account Supervisor/Director and other agency team members to ensure that client projects are progressing as planned.
- Take and compile client meeting notes as necessary and receive client briefings from account executives/coordinators when appropriate.
- Research and assemble background information and analyses as needed when developing creative briefs, etc.
- Draft creative briefs for review by Account Manager/Supervisor/Director.
- Create new client projects as necessary; assign job numbers, open jobs in project management system (currently TeamWork), create files on DJG server.
- Provide agency creative, interactive, public relations and social media personnel with well-documented input, support data and production specifications as required for projects.
- Stay aware of client activities and provide administrative assistance to Account Manager/Supervisor/Director on day-to-day client activities, including working with our online project management system, responding to client phone calls and emails, handling mail/packages, production and creative deadlines, research, etc. to ensure continued progress of client workflow in the absence of the assigned Account Manager/Supervisor/Director.
- Provide input in planning stages as requested by Account Manager/Supervisor/Director. Assist in mailings, process final copy, agendas, conference reports, proposals, correspondence, and other materials related to account service, and prepare the above for client presentations.
- Handle client paperwork and maintain digital and hard copy files on all client activities, their competitors and their industries; maintain client correspondence file, approvals, copy, forms/documents, supplies for daily processing and tracking of account service work, etc.
- Maintain client reference notebooks and/or digital archives for all assigned accounts, detailing past work and work-in-progress, and all pertinent information needed for accurate proofreading and meeting of client standards.
- Take minutes at meetings, prepare and distribute meeting notes, call reports, etc.
- Make sure all projects proceed according to plan and deadlines, and, if necessary, notify Account Manager/Supervisor/Director about any potential problems before they occur.
- Proofread copy, artwork, agency and printers’ proofs as requested; see that all work completes the standard agency approval process before being reviewed by clients or turned over to suppliers.
- Handle and distribute client communication to assigned Account Manager/Supervisor/Director and act as host/hostess for visiting clients, setting up conference room, ordering meals, etc.
- Participate and contribute to client strategy and planning internally as appropriate, and demonstrate understanding and knowledge of clients’ business goals, objectives and challenges, and industry landscape.
- Manage budgets and provide clients with budget updates.
- Keep apprised of all relevant client, industry and market developments.
- Coordinate vendor quotes for client approval.
- Assist in preparation of client invoices.
- Write monthly client project reports.
- Continuously work to enhance knowledge and skills through available reading, courses and seminars.
All resume submissions must be sent to Drew Navolio.