THE SOCIAL MEDIA MANAGER is responsible for working with the account services team and vice president of public relations to set client strategy, write plans and execute campaigns, and report and summarize campaign results as it pertains to social media. This position has direct client engagement and must have the confidence to recommend and direct these activities at the client level.
The social media manager is also responsible for recommending and gaining new business from existing clients; s/he works with the client services team to identify additional but relevant social media opportunities.
Ideal candidates will be educated in and have experience with Social Media content management. Strong verbal and written communication skills, a capability for analytical thinking, personal organization, and dynamic interpersonal skills are essential.
In addition, the social media manager should have a good grasp of branding and be able to work closely with a creative department to develop concepts, graphics, and content that extend multi-channel marketing campaigns into social media. A current understanding of how social media channels function and how to leverage this for clients.
- Responsible for social media strategy, planning and reporting for agency clients engaged in social media activities
- Experience planning and executing paid social media campaigns across all platforms—Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Instagram, as well as newer channels such as TikTok
- Experience or familiarity with on-camera social media role—including running Facebook Live broadcast, web broadcasts and/or video blog broadcast
- Gather and assemble background information and analyses as needed when developing social media plans and monthly content calendars
- Handle day-to-day activities for assigned clients, including community management, planning, writing and facilitating social media posts, etc.
- Generate regular social media reports for clients
- Work on a day-to-day basis leading and executing client social media campaigns
- Oversee the upkeep of DJG social media channels and ensure a consistent and effective stream of professional and relevant posts in order to help establish DJG’s own social media presence and thought-leader position
- Coordinate project timing and budgets with all relevant agency personnel as it pertains to social media for clients and DJG
- Actively seek additional projects/new business from client contacts
- Working knowledge or experience with social media software tools such as Sprout Social or Hootsuite
- 1 to 3 years managing social media accounts for organizations
- Marketing background preferred
- Experience working with associations/non-profits is a plus
- Agency experience is a plus
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, and team management skills
- Interest in emerging trends within the email marketing and digital marketing space
- Strong communication skills
- Confident self-starter with the ability to work independently, as well as in a team environment
- Advanced knowledge of current social media platforms and tools
DJG offers team members a competitive salary, health insurance, simple IRA, paid vacation, personal and summer days, and work from home/city/suburb options.
Email Drew Navolio with your resume.